It's January. That means a couple of things:
- I'll be forgetting to write the correct year for several weeks.
- I'm older so the forgetting will probably last for more than several weeks.
- It'll probably be 3 months before I'll be outside on a road bike.
- I have 3 months to ride my fat bike.
- I have collected a year's supply of chocolate in my basement.
- The credit card bills from the holidays are due. Judgement day is coming.
- This is going to be a bit sappy. Don't feel obliged to read any further.
Once again we spent a bunch of money on a bunch of stuff. On Christmas that's the American way. I love it. I don't regret it. Finding the perfect thing that brings someone joy is a wonderful feeling. Now that several of our children are getting older you realize that you only have a few years of really magical (and extremely early) Christmas mornings.
A few months ago I was listening to a podcast on happiness. I'd read research on the topic of happiness before and I was pret...